McAfee Activate is an ultimate process that will help you to enjoy all the premium features. If you are purchasing a McAfee subscription, then you are required to activate it for accessing all the features it is offering. You can activate the subscription either before or after the installation, as per your preference. For activation, you must have an activation key code.
What is McAfee Keycode and Where To Get It?
McAfee Activate keycode is a 25-digit alphanumeric code that works as an identity for your subscription. This keycode helps you to activate your product. You will get this only after the successful completion of the purchase procedure. For activation keycode, look at the following locations:
Order Confirmation Mail
If you have purchased the McAfee subscription from the online store, then you will get an order confirmation mail on the email address that you have provided at the time of purchase. This mail will contain your activation key code.
In case you have purchased the McAfee product from a third party or a retail store, then your code will be provided on the retail card. This card will be there inside the purchased McAfee box.
Once you will get your product key code, you can move to the McAfee activate process. For activation follow the process mentioned below.
- First and foremost, you have to open a web browser on your computer system. You can access any of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. For this, you have to click the browser icon from the desktop or the system tray.
- Then, you are required to move to the McAfee Activate webpage. In order to reach there, you have to enter “mcafee.com/activate”. Carefully enter the URL in the address bar of your browser and hit the Enter key.
- Once you reach the activation webpage, enter your McAfee Activate Keycode in the empty field. You must enter the keycode very carefully to avoid errors.
- Also, in the same window, you will be asked to select the preferred country from the upper-right corner. Click the inverted triangle and select the desired option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click the “Submit” tab to proceed further with the activation process.
- In the next window, McAfee asks you to sign in to your account. For this, you have to enter your email address in the required field. Make sure the email address you provide must be in your access.
- Then, you have to click the “Next” tab.
- Afterwards, if your Email Address is linked with McAfee, then you will be asked to enter the password that you have created for securing your account. Passwords are case-sensitive. Hence, enter the password very carefully.
- However, in case the Email Address you have provided is not linked with McAfee, then McAfee will use that email address to create an account. Hence, follow the given instructions for successful account creation:
- In the first field, you have to enter a password that you want to use for your McAfee account. Make sure the password you create must be strong and unique. It must be between 8 to 32 characters and must include at least one of each uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, as well as a special character.
- Then, re-enter the password in the next field. This is required for the password confirmation.
- Come back to the McAfee activate webpage and click the “I Agree” tab.
- Once you do this, you will get a popup box on the upper-right corner asking you to save the password. This will help you in reducing the time of typing the password every time you try to sign in to your account. In order to save, click the “Save” option.
- You might also get, the McAfee Auto-Renewal service dialog box on your screen. Go through the features of the service and click the “Continue” tab to proceed further.
- Here completes the activation process. Now, you will get a download link on your screen. Click the “Install on this PC” tab and it will start downloading the McAfee subscription that you have activated.